The 37th Plantation Thanksgiving Classic
37th Plantation Thanksgiving Classic
November 24 – 26, 2023
Plantation, FL | Boys & Girls U8/U9 thru U19
- The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic is sanctioned by FYSA and is opened to all US Soccer affiliates (AYSO, US Club, USSSA, etc.)
- The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic offers four levels of competition: Gold, Silver, and Bronze for U9 through U19 boys and girls teams, plus a special U9 Future Stars group for U8 teams and a 11v11 division for U12 teams looking to play full-sided soccer.
- The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic will be played Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 24 to November 26, 2023. Pool play will begin on Friday, November 24, 2023, with Finals being played on Sunday, November 26, 2023. The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic is sanctioned by FYSA and is opened to all US Soccer affiliates (US Club Soccer, USSSA, AYSO, etc.). A team trophy will be awarded to the Champion and player medals for Champions and Finalists will be awarded.
3 LEVELS OF PLAY (Gold-Silver-Bronze)
The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic will offer three levels of competition: Gold, Silver, and Bronze for U9 through U19 boys and girls’ teams, plus a special U8 division (U9 Future Stars), and a 11v11 division for U12 teams looking to play full-sided soccer.
GOLD DIVISION: U9-U19 Single Age Group Brackets
High-level Division I teams from across Florida, and out-of-state teams are expected to participate making this a highly competitive event at the Gold Divisions.
SILVER DIVISION: U9-U19 Single Age Group Brackets
Silver Division is for competitive Division 1 and Division 2 travel teams. Teams from Florida and out-of-state are expected to participate in the SILVER Divisions.
BRONZE DIVISION: U9-U19 Single Age Group Brackets
Bronze Division is primarily for recreational teams and new travel teams seeking comparative competition.
U9 FUTURE STARS:
U8 players and teams looking to play at this age-specific division. Primarily for recreational teams and new travel teams seeking comparative competition.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
All teams must register online. Teams may pay by credit card online. Teams/Clubs wishing to pay by check, have the checks made payable to Plantation FC. Please indicate which team the check is for and mail it to:
Plantation Athletic League
9840 NW 10 St.
Plantation, FL 33322
Please complete the online application fully. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
Teams will not be eligible for acceptance until the registration fee has been received. Any team not accepted will receive a refund. Any team which withdraws after the application deadline of Saturday, November 4, 2023, will not be eligible for a refund.
ENTRY FEES (includes referee fees)
$775.00 for U9 Future Stars (playing 7v7)
$775.00 for U9-U10 (playing 7v7)
$825.00 for U11-U12 (playing 9v9)
$925.00 for U12 (playing 11v11)
$925.00 for U13-U14
$950.00 for U15-U19
Entry fees received after the Saturday, November 4, 2023, deadline date, will incur an additional $50.00 late fee.
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
U9 Future Stars, U9, and 10U teams play 7-a-side and may carry up to 12 players (4 guest players).
U11 and U12 teams play 9-a-side and may carry up to 16 players (6 guest players).
U12 teams playing 11-a-side may carry up to 18 players (6 guest players).
U13 to U19 teams play 11-a-side and may carry up to 18 players on their roster (6 guest players).
FORMATS FOR VARIOUS BRACKET SUMMARY
Bracket of Four: Played as a single group of four teams in a round-robin format, with the two teams accumulating the most points advancing to the final.
Bracket of Five: Played as a single group of five (5) teams, with all teams playing two (2) group matches. Based on the team seeding after two (2) matches, the quarterfinal match will play Seed #4 vs Seed #5. The winner of the quarterfinal will play the semifinalist with the #1 Seed. Seed #2 vs Seed #3 in the second semifinal. The winner of semifinal #1 vs winner of semifinal #2 in the final.
Bracket of Six: Played as two groups of three teams. Each team will crossover and play the three teams in the other group. The two teams accumulating the most points (Wildcard 1 and Wildcard 2) from all six
teams will advance to the finals to determine which team is the champion. It is possible that the finalists could have played each other already.
Bracket of Seven: Played as a single group of seven teams with all teams playing four (4) matches. The team accumulating the most points will be announced as the Champion. The team accumulating the second most
amounts of points will be the Finalist.
Bracket of Eight: Played as two groups of four. The top two in each bracket will advance to Semifinals with Bracket A#1 playing Bracket B#2 and Bracket B#1 playing Bracket A#2. The winner of each Semifinal, will play the Final game to determine the Champion and Finalist.
Bracket of Ten: The winner of A will advance to the semi-finals. Then the next best three teams based on points will advance as Wildcard 1, Wildcard 2, and Wildcard 3. The winner of Group A will play Wildcard 4, Wildcard 2 will play Wildcard 3 in the Semi-Finals games. (Updated 2/17/19)
Bracket of Twelve: Played as three groups of four. The winner of each round-robin group and a wildcard (4th best team on points) will advance to the semi-finals. Winner of Group A vs Wildcard and Group B vs Group C.
In the event the wildcard team advances from Group “A” they would have already played the winners of the group and therefore the semi-final opponents will be as follows: Winner Group C vs. Winner Group A and
Winner Group B vs. Wildcard.
Bracket of Sixteen: Played as four groups of four. The winner of each round-robin group advances to the semi-finals with the winner of the semi-finals advancing to the championship game.
Interested in being part of the referee pool for the Plantation Thanksgiving Classic?
Please contact Dave Minshall at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 561-254-9131 (cell).
Through our tournament partner, Tournament Success Group (TSG), and Referee Director Dave Minshall, our goal at the Plantation Thanksgiving Classic is to use best practices in providing the best, most professional coordination of the referee logistics. This includes:
- Timely communication and coordination of all referee logistics
Use of Game Officials for scheduling, communication, and payment
Schedules out early, 7-10 days prior to the start of the tournament
Mentors to provide coaching and feedback for referee development
Nutritional meals, snacks, and water for referees
Best practices in assigning of games, number of games, and level of games
Any questions please contact Dave Minshall at email@example.com
The tournament committee is committed to providing teams, coaches, players, and families with a positive and rewarding experience at the Plantation Thanksgiving Classic tournament.
Feel free to contact the Plantation Thanksgiving Classic tournament director with any questions or if there is anything that we can assist your team with regarding participation in the Plantation Thanksgiving Classic. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 786-351-4394.
9840 NW 10 Street
Plantation, FL 33322
The 37th Plantation Thanksgiving Classic: Roster Verification Process
How to Upload Your Team Documents into GotSport
● Continuing for the 2023/24 Season, all documents must be submitted via GotSport ○ Link: https://system.gotsport.com/users/login
- Documents can only be submitted if your name is linked to the roster as a Coach or Team Manager – connect with your club if you do not see our event listed
- Medical Releases are not required
- Document upload is mandatory for all teams – documents required are:
- PDF of passes
- Guest player form (if applicable) – only required if the player is not from your club
Must be the same affiliation as your team i.e., FYSA passes cannot have a guest player with a US Club pass.
- Guest player pass (if applicable)
● Questions? Email Billy Rivera at email@example.com
Log into Gotsport : https://system.gotsport.com/users/login
● Use the username/ID email/password that was created for you to complete your background check, SafeSport, and Heads-up Certifications. Click on Team Management:
Click on the name of your team:
Build your event roster and ensure that it is correct – this will be downloaded onto the game card:
- Click on the Rosters tab
- From the “Select Event Roster” drop down, select the dropdown
Click on Search
Scroll down, to the right and from the “Clone roster from” select the roster that you wish to clone to the tournament (either FYSA Registration event (recommended) or a league roster).
Check your roster is correct. This will be duplicated onto the game card and used by the referee to check your team in for game play.
- Enter all jersey numbers
- Do not enter ID numbers or position – this is not required
To add a player to the event roster that plays for your club, click on “add Club Pass Player”
Plantation Thanksgiving Classic
Player must be on the 2022/23 FYSA Event Roster to be added
Enter the name, and date of birth as on the player pass, click Search and add.
To add a guest/club pass player to an event roster, you’ll first want to be sure that the event is allowing both types of players for the event. Once this is done here are the steps:
1. Add the player that you’re using for the event a player role with your club by going to:
Club management>players>add player. Here you will look up that player and add them to your account
2. Now that the player has been added you will go to “Roster Builder” select the Event, followed by the “Guest” Tab. (or Club Pass).
3. When you drag the player from the guest pool to the team’s roster, a box will appear asking for the Position and Jersey number, the status will automatically be set to “G” for guest. Or “CP” for Club Pass.
4. Now you will see the player on the roster.
Next, upload your documents. Player passes and medical releases.
Click on Team Registrations Tab followed by Plantation Thanksgiving Classic
Click on “Registration” Tab followed by Orange “Edit” option