hosted by Plantation FC
Plantation Thanksgiving Classic
November 23-25, 2018
Plantation, FL | Boys & Girls 8U/9U thru 19U
The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic is sanctioned by FYSA
and is opened to all US Soccer affiliates (AYSO, US Club, USSSA etc.)
Download the Thanksgiving Classic app now for up to date schedules, results, directions to fields, field maps, and rules of competition, etc.
Plantation FC is excited to announce the 32nd Annual Plantation Thanksgiving Classic which will be held the weekend of November 23-25, 2018 in Plantation, Florida.
The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic offers four levels of competition: Gold, Silver, and Bronze for 9U through 19U boys and girls teams, Showcase for 15U through 19U, plus a special 9U Future Stars group for 8U teams and a 11v11 division for 12U teams looking to play full-sided soccer.
The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic will be played Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 23-25, 2018. Pool play will begin on Friday, November 23, 2018, with Finals being played on Sunday, November 25, 2018. The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic is sanctioned by FYSA and is opened to all US Soccer affiliates (US Club Soccer, USSSA, AYSO, etc.). A team trophy will be awarded to the Champion and player medals for Champions and Finalists will be awarded.
4 LEVELS OF PLAY (Showcase-Gold-Silver-Bronze)
The Plantation Thanksgiving Classic will offer four levels of competition: Gold, Silver, and Bronze for 9U through 19U boys and girls’ teams, Showcase for 15U-19U teams, plus a special 8U division (9U Future Stars).
SHOWCASE DIVISION: 15U-19U Single Age Group Brackets
High-level Division I teams from across Florida, out-of-state teams and if applicable, international teams are expected to participate making this a highly competitive event at the Showcase Divisions.
GOLD DIVISION: 9U-19U Single Age Group Brackets
High-level Division I teams from across Florida and out-of-state teams are expected to participate making this a highly competitive event at the Gold Divisions.
SILVER DIVISION: 9U-19U Single Age Group Brackets
Silver Division is for competitive Division 1 and Division 2 travel teams. Teams from Florida and out-of-state are expected to participate in the SILVER Divisions.
BRONZE DIVISION: 9U-19U Single Age Group Brackets
Bronze Division is primarily for recreational teams and new travel teams seeking comparative competition.
9U FUTURE STARS: 8U players and teams looking to play at this age-specific division. Primarily for recreational teams and new travel teams seeking comparative competition.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
All teams must register online. Teams may pay by credit card online. Teams/Clubs wishing to pay by check, have the checks made payable to Plantation FC. Please indicate which team the check is for and mail it to:
9840 NW 10 St.
Plantation, FL 33322
Please complete the online application fully. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
Teams will not be eligible for acceptance until the registration fee has been received. Any team not accepted will receive a refund. Any team which withdraws after the application deadline of Saturday, November 4, 2017, will not be eligible for a refund.
Click to register online (via GotSoccer)
ENTRY FEES (includes referee fees)
$600 for 9U Future Stars (playing 7v7)
$600.00 for 9U-10U (playing 7v7)
$625.00 for 11U-12U (playing 9v9)
$750.00 for 12U (playing 11v11)
$750.00 for 13U-14U
$775.00 for 15U-19U
Entry fees received after the Saturday, November 4, 2018, deadline date will incur an additional $50.00 late fee.
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
9U Future Stars,9U, and 10U teams play 7-a-side and may carry up to 12 players (4 guest players).
11U and 12U teams play 9-a-side and may carry up to 16 players (4 guest players).
12U teams playing 11-a-side may carry up to 18 players (6 guest players).
13U to 19U teams play 11-a-side and may carry up to 18 players on their roster (6 guest players).
U18 Sports Medicine is an official sponsor of the Plantation Thanksgiving Classic. During the Plantation Thanksgiving Classic certified and licensed athletic trainers from U18 Sports Medicine will be onsite throughout the tournament to attend to players’ medical needs and injuries. In the event of an injury feel free to visit their website and request an appointment. They will contact you the next business day and offer you an appointment with one of their pediatric orthopedic physicians in the time that best suits your needs.
For more information on U18 Sports Medicine, please visit their website at www.u18sportsmedicine.com
The tournament check-in will take place Tuesday, November 20, 2018, from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm at Dick's Sporting Goods in Plantation:
Dicks Sporting Goods Plantation
801 S. University Dr.
Plantation, FL 33324
At check-in you need to bring the following:
In order to make the registration process as smooth as possible please have all player passes, medical releases and rosters in name order based on the roster.
1) ROSTERS: Bring 5 copies of the roster. Acceptable rosters are: US Club rosters, FYSA/USYS State generated rosters, AYSO rosters. Guest player forms must be attached to each of the states generated rosters and signed by the guest player's Club Registrar. If guest players are from within the club then their names should be pre-printed or handwritten in on the state generated event roster. If they are from outside the club then please hand-write the guest's information on the bottom of each state generated roster. Without a correctly executed guest player form, the guest player may not be able to play.
Guest Players Limited to:
- U9 to U12 = Maximum 4 Guest Players
- U13 and Up = Maximum 6 Guest Players
PLEASE NOTE: LEAGUE ROSTERS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE ROSTERS (such as SFU, FLUGSA, CDL, GCF, etc.)
PERMISSION TO TRAVEL: Teams coming from outside the state of Florida, including international teams will need a "Permission to Travel" from their USYS State Association and or Governing Bodies (international teams). This does not apply to US teams using US Club Soccer passes and rosters.
2) CITY OF PLANTATION WAIVER: Every rostered player must have a completed and signed the City of Plantation Waiver (click here). Please organize in name order based on the roster to ensure a smooth check-in process.
3) [U18] SPORTS MEDICINE MEDICAL CONSENT FORM: Every rostered player must submit a [U18] Sports Medicine Consent/Waiver Form (click here). Please organize in name order based on the roster to ensure a smooth check-in process.
4) MEDICAL RELEASE FORM: Every rostered player must have a current medical release at check-in. Medical release forms do not need to be notarized. You may use the current forms you are using for travel. Please organize in name order based on the roster to ensure a smooth check-in process.
6) COACHES & PLAYER PASSES: All coaches & players must have valid, laminated player passes with the necessary signatures & picture. Please place these on a ring and have them in name order based on the roster to ensure a smooth check-in process.
LATE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE: Teams that are not able to check-in on Tuesday evening can check-in 1 hour before their first match on Friday. You will need to go to the Site Director's tent at the park where your first match is scheduled.
Pre-Match Check-In: Teams are required to check in at the field for their matches. Coaches or Team Managers are responsible for giving the referees their passes and a stamped approved roster at the start of each match (referees do not need to be paid a match fee as that is part of the tournament fee). Please remember that any team arriving 15 minutes after their designated kick off will be subject to a forfeit.